How to obtain X-Seed

Are you stuck with Shelx, going crazy with Crystals, WinGX sent you wobbly, LinGX left you slightly lost, APEXII left you for dead or just need some structural healing? Then perhaps posting here will help? Use this forum for general discussion about software, databases and web resources.
Forum rules
If you've got a problem or want to post about a specific package please use its own subforum area. If there is not an appropriate area yeap just put it in the general area below
wlewis
Rotating Anode With Optics

How to obtain X-Seed

Post by wlewis » 04 Feb 2013, 13:23

Regarding XSeed, this popped up in the Bruker mailing list last week:

Len Barbour's X-Seed makes excellent graphics easily and is now free. Here are Len's instructions for obtaining a copy:

Go to the following link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lbm2uxtziuko8xz/c0l3S1Fg8T

and then navigate to the X-Seed folder. Run the installation program XSEED150.EXE. This installs an old version of X-Seed, but creates the necessary Windows registry settings. To update to the latest version, download all the other programs in that web-based folder and overwrite any programs in the X-Seed installation folder.

The part of X-Seed that asks for a registration code has not yet been taken out, so you can use the following to activate it indefinitely:

Registered user : X-Seed_Free
Registration code : 15097FBC45EB111E003BCE

Rudi

Re: How to obtain X-Seed

Post by Rudi » 04 Feb 2013, 14:06

A journal reference for X-Seed:

L. J. Barbour, X-Seed - A SoftwareTool for Supramolecular Crystallography J. Supramol. Chem., 2001, 1, 189-191
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S1472-7862(02)00030-8

johnewarren
Synchrotron

Post by johnewarren » 05 Feb 2013, 14:22

It is also probably worth pointing out that Len is a member of the forum as well (@ljb) if anyone is interested!

Arianna
Rotating Anode

Post by Arianna » 03 Nov 2017, 11:51

I recently re-discovered X-Seed on my previous laptop. I have to say that it can still strongly compete with other interfaces! I would dare to say that the graphic interface is more powerful than SXGraph (⊂WinGX). I also like a lot the fact that it lets you visualize some refinement results in graphic form (e.g. the Analysis of variance).
That is to say.... is it still existing / being develped? (@jlb?)
The dropbox link above does not seem to work nor does the site I found by google-methods.

wlewis
Rotating Anode With Optics

Post by wlewis » 06 Nov 2017, 11:05

I believe it is no longer in development. I can still see files at the dropbox link however.

johnewarren
Synchrotron

Post by johnewarren » 06 Nov 2017, 11:32

I think the last conversation I had with Len was that Olex2 was doing such a good job that there would in time be no need to support X-Seed.

I guess it reached that point.

Did you try contacting Len directly?

Arianna
Rotating Anode

Post by Arianna » 06 Nov 2017, 16:03

I see the point. ;)
I don't actually need to disturb him, I still have the installer.

Return to “General Software”